Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses]
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy describes how ANHEUSER-BUSCH INBEV SA/NV, a company organized and existing under the laws of Belgium, having its registered office at Grote Markt 1, 1000 Brussels, Belgium, registered with the Register of Legal Entities under company number VAT 0417.497.106 RPM Brussels and its Affiliates (“ABI”, “we”, “our” or “us”) collect, use, share, and otherwise process personal data (defined below) as controller about visitors to our website (the “Website”).
Overview: To ensure that you feel safe and happy visiting and using our Website, the following information gives you a comprehensive guide as to what we do with your personal data and more specifically how we collect, use and pass on your personal data when you use this Website.
1. Data collection: What Information We Collect?
2. For which purposes do we use your information and on which legal bases?
3. How We Share Your Information
4. How long do we retain your personal data?
5. What are your rights?
6. Who can you contact in case you have questions or requests?
7. Links to Third-Party Sites
8. Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms
9. Cookies and similar technologies
9.1 What are cookies and similar tracking technologies?
9.2 Strictly Necessary Cookies
9.3 Performance Cookies
9.4 Targeting Cookies
10. Location Data
12. Children’s Privacy
By accessing and using this Website, you confirm that you have read and that you understand the way we collect, process, use and disclose your personal data as described herein.
1. DATA COLLECTION: WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT? Depending on the purpose of the processing, we need to process the following categories of personal data about you: - your personal details (first name, last name, where you are from) and your contact details (your e-mail address) which you are asked to provide when you share your idea with us; - information relating to your idea, in writing or in video depending on what you choose to submit on the Website; - information about the location of your device, including GPS location, when you click on “Activate your geolocation” as described in Section 10; - connection and/or browsing data that we collect by using cookies and similar tracking technologies as described under Section 9. ABI will not collect sensitive personal data from you in the context of the Website. Remember that, when we ask you to fill in your personal data to allow you to share your ideas with us, we will mark certain fields as compulsory, since this information is necessary to be able to identify you and to contact you in case your idea is selected by us. Please take into account that, if you decide not to make such data available to us, you may be unable to submit your idea on the Website.
2. FOR WHICH PURPOSES DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION AND ON WHICH LEGAL BASES? The Website main purpose is to offer information about our projects and allow you to share your ideas (all services available on the Website are referred to as “the Services”). Depending on the Services that you wish to use on the Website, we will process your personal data for the following purposes, as justified on the following legal bases: To provide the Services, i.e. to collect your ideas and to contact you to follow-up on the idea you submitted. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of our legitimate interests consisting in collecting your suggestion on how ABI can help and identify you and to contact you in case your idea is selected by us. For analytic and statistic purposes, i.e., to understand the manner in which you interact with our Website and thus be capable of introducing improvements in the Website. Your personal data will be processed: - based on your consent (following the selection of your cookie preferences in our cookie banner – see Section 9 below); or - because the processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests consisting in improving the user experience. To protect the rights of the services ans others. We may use your information as necessary in connection with corporate transactions or to protect, enforce or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of the Services, our employees or agents, or other users ans to comply with applicable law. Your personal data will be processed because the processing is necessary: - to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, to guarantee the security of the personal data we process or to respond to authorities’ requests for disclosure of personal data, as required by applicable law); or - for the purposes of our legitimate interests consisting in safeguarding our rights and our property and those of our employees, agents or users or in performing corporate transactions. We will only process your personal data for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and we will not process your personal data further in a way that goes beyond or is incompatible with those purposes. Where required under applicable law, we will also collect your express consent to any of the above-mentioned activities. You have the right to withdraw any given consent at any time (see Section 5).
3. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION For the purposes for which we collect your personal data and subject to the appropriate legal basis described under Section 2 above, we may disclose your personal data to the following categories of recipients: a) Authorised staff members of ABI who access your personal data on a need-to-know basis; b) Affiliates and subsidiary companies of ABI, primarily for business and operational purposes; c) Service providers: suppliers and service providers that perform functions on our behalf and under our instructions in order to carry out the purposes identified in Section 2 above. These include: website design services. We require such parties by contract to provide reasonable security for personal data and to use and process such personal data on our behalf only. d) External jury: an external jury may have access to your personal data in a pseudonymized form to evaluate the idea you submitted. e) Other parties when required by law: ABI may share your personal data with other third parties: - to comply with the law, regulatory requests, court orders, subpoena, or legal processes; - to verify or enforce compliance with ABI’s policies and agreements; and - to protect the rights, property or safety of ABI, its customers, visitors to this Website and/or the public. f) Other parties in connection with corporate transactions such as a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, or any other transaction that results in a change in control or ownership of ABI, in whole or in part. For service efficiency purposes, some of these recipients are located in territories outside the country where your personal data has been collected, including countries which do not offer a level of data protection comparable to that of the country where your data has been collected. In particular, the Website is hosted on servers in the United States. In such cases, we inform you that, where required under applicable data protection law, we will transfer your data with adequate safeguards and always keeping your data safe: - - With our providers, we have agreed Standard Contractual Clauses, as approved by the European Commission, the contents of which you may consult through the following link: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/
4. HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA? For personal data that we collect and process for the purposes outlined in Section 2, we will typically retain such personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil each of these purposes. We generally keep your geolocation data for a period of ***.
5. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS? Where applicable and under the conditions set forth under applicable data protection laws, you may have the following rights concerning the processing of your personal data: - Confirmation and information. You have the right to receive confirmation of the existence of the processing and to obtain information about the public or private entities with which ABI has shared your personal data. - Access. Subject to certain exceptions, you have the right to request information on the data we store concerning you as well as the purpose of storage and a copy of the personal data we are processing about you, which we will provide to you in electronic form. At our discretion we may require you to prove your identity before providing the requested information. If you require multiple copies of your personal data, we may charge a reasonable administration fee. - Rectification. You have the right to require that any incomplete or inaccurate personal data that we process about you is amended. - Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete personal data that we process about you, unless we are required to retain such data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims. You may also have to right to request the anonymisation, blocking or deletion of unnecessary, excessive or non-conforming personal data. - Restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict our processing of your personal data where: • you believe such data to be inaccurate; • our processing is unlawful; or • we no longer need to process such data for a particular purpose, but where we are not able to delete the data due to a legal or other obligation or because you do not want us to delete it. - Portability. You have the right to request that we transmit the personal data we hold in respect of you to another data controller, where this is: • personal information which you have provided to us; and • we are processing that data on the basis of your consent or in order to perform our obligations under contract to you (such as to provide legal services). - Objection. Where the legal justification for our processing of your personal data is our legitimate interest, you have the right to object to such processing on grounds relating to your particular situation. We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim. - Withdrawing Consent. If you have consented to our processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, free of charge - Limitation. You may have the right to limit the use or disclosing of your personal data. You can exercise these rights by sending a written request to our data protection contact (see Section 6). If you are in the EEA, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the local data protection authority if you believe that we have not complied with applicable data protection laws. Access a list of local data protection authorities in EEA countries. If you require further information in relation to your privacy rights or would like to exercise any of these rights, please also contact our data protection contact point (see Section 6).
6. WHO CAN YOU CONTACT IN CASE YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR REQUESTS? ABI has in place a data protection contact point available for you to submit your questions or requests relating to the processing of your personal data. You can access this data protection contact point in our global “contact us” website (https://contactus.ab-inbev.com). Please select the typology “Contact Data Protection Officer” in the ContactUs Form. If you are in the EEA, you can also contact our appointed data protection officer, FIRST PRIVACY GmbH, at: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; phone: +49 421 69663282. When you exercise these rights, you may have to provide ABI with the minimum information set forth in applicable data protection law, such as your name, e-mail address and your request details. Please be aware that ABI will require such information in order to process your request. Other details are optional for you to share with us. Your personal details will be saved only so that we can respond to your request, and will be deleted when they are no longer necessary for the original purpose, unless there are legal requirements stipulating the retention of these data. Please contact our data protection contact point or our data protection officer indicated above if you wish to exercise your rights as data subject in the terms described in Section 5.
7. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by other websites, applications, or other services or by your mobile operating system operator, wireless carrier, or other similar providers. You should exercise caution and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites, applications and services you use.
9. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES 9.1 WHAT ARE COOKIES AND SIMILAR TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES? Cookies are small pieces of data being placed on the hard drive of a visitor’s device. With the help of cookies you can store information for a certain period of time and identify the user’s device. For a better user guidance and an individual representation of performance we use permanent cookies. We also use so-called session cookies which are automatically deleted once you close your browser. You can set your browser to inform you of the potential downloading of cookies, thus ensuring that the usage of cookies is transparent. The Website has in place different types of cookies as explained below. For “Strictly Necessary cookies” we are processing your personal data for our legitimate purposes explained below. With regards to “Performance Cookies”, “Functional Cookies” and “Targeting cookies”, we are processing your personal data based on your consent for the purposes explained below. Your consent is collected and registered following the selection of your cookie preferences in our cookie banner. In case you would like to change your cookies preferences, please go to “cookie settings” at the end of this Section 9. 9.2 STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES These cookies are necessary for the Website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for Services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information. Cookies used • *** Categories • *** Cookies • *** 9.3 PERFORMANCE COOKIES These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance, and some or all of the services from third party providers we have added to our pages may not function properly. Cookies used • *** Categories • *** Cookies • *** 9.4 TARGETING COOKIES These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising. Cookies used • *** Categories • *** Cookies • ***
10. LOCATION DATA We may collect and use information about the location of the device you are using to help us identify the country where you are located and redirect you to the relevant Website for your country. Your personal data will be processed based on your consent when you click on “Activate your geolocation”. You may be able to adjust the settings of your device so that information about your physical location is no longer sent to us by (a) disabling location services within the device settings; or (b) denying certain websites or mobile applications permission to access location information by changing the relevant preferences and permissions in your mobile device or browser settings. Please note that your location may be derived from your WiFi, Bluetooth, and other device settings. See your device settings for more information.
11. SECURITY We ensure that appropriate technical and organisational security measures are taken against unlawful or unauthorised access or use of your personal data, as well as against accidental loss or damage to the integrity of your personal data.
12. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY Please note that our Website is only available for non-professional consumers. Do only share the content of our Website with those who are of legal drinking age. Our Website and Services are not intended for individuals under the legal drinking age. If we learn that an individual under the legal drinking age has provided us with personal information, we will delete it.